Luxury South America
Experience the icons of South America and travel in style on our luxury small group tour. This unique journey takes in ancient kingdoms, natural wonders, exotic cuisines and the most iconic cities of South America.
Stay at hand-picked luxury hotels that offer an insight into the culture, art and architecture of this fascinating continent.
Day 1 SANTIAGO - LIMA
Transfer to hotel
Day 2 LIMA (B)
Morning city tour of colonial and modern Lima. Transfer
to airport for your flight to Cuzco. Transfer to Sacred Valley.
Day 3 SACRED VALLEY (B, L)
Full day tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, including Ollantaytambo ruins and the colorful Pisac market. Overnight Overnight at hotel.
Day 4 SACRED VALLEY - MACHU PICCHU (B, L, D)
Train journey to Machu Picchu, 3hr comprehensive tour of the citadel and overnight.
Day 5 MACHU PICCHU - CUZCO (B)
Morning free to visit ruins. Return train and land transfer to Cuzco.
Day 6 CUZCO (B)
Half day city tour of some of the sites in and around Cuzco including the cathedral, Coricancha (the temple of the sun) and the fortress of Sacsayhuaman.
Day 7 CUZCO - PUNO (B, L)
Spectacular Andean Explorer train* journey across the Altiplano Puno to the shores of Lake Titicaca.
*A replacement bus service will run between Cuzco to Puno from May 2017 onward.
Day 8 PUNO (B)
Half day tour of Uros, to visit the communities that live on these reed islands.
Day 9 PUNO - LA PAZ (B, L)
Cross from Peru into Bolivia, via the lovely lakeside village of Copacabana, boarding a comfortable catamaran to begin the scenic crossing of the magical Lake Titicaca. Stop at the complex on Sun Island for an introduction to the mysterious Tiwanaku civilization on the way to La Paz.
Day 10 LA PAZ (B)
Half day city tour including the rock formations of Moon valley. . Learn about the local “Pacenos” customs and traditions including a trip to the local witchery market.
Day 11 LA PAZ - SANTIAGO (B)
Transfer to airport for flight to Santiago. Transfer to hotel.
Day 12 SANTIAGO (B)
Half day city tour of Santiago, dramatically set at the foot of the Andes mountains to discover the city’s many layers of cultural influence, visit “La Moneda” government house and try some pisco sour.
Day 13 SANTIAGO - RIO DE JANEIRO (B)
Transfer to airport for flight to one of the most scenic and lively cities in the world, Rio de Janeiro. Transfer to hotel.
Day 14 RIO DE JANEIRO (B, D)
Tour and cable car trip to one of the city’s favourite landmarks Sugar Loaf mountain, the famous granite and quartz peaks overlooking Guanabara bay for a fantastic view. Samba show and dinner.
Day 15 RIO DE JANEIRO (B)
Half day trip to the top of Corcovado mountain, catching a small train through the Tijuca forest before reaching the top to see the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue.
Day 16 RIO DE JANEIRO - IGUAZU FALLS (B)
Transfer to airport for flight to Iguazu. Transfer and tour to the Brazilian side of the falls for a panoramic view of the 275 falls spanning nearly 3 kilometres and running along the border of Brazil and Argentina.
Day 17 IGUAZU FALLS (B)
Guided walk along the many trails on the Argentine side of the falls, including a small train journey to the impres- sive Devil’s Throat, the spectacular point through which the most water flows over this magnificent cascade.
Day 18 IGUAZU FALLS - BUENOS AIRES (B)
Transfer to airport for your flight to Buenos Aires. Transfer to hotel.
Day 19 BUENOS AIRES (B, D)
Half day tour of South America’s stylish 8
capital, Buenos Aires, whose architecture and boulevards are steeply influenced by a European heritage. Visit the bohemian street market of La Boca, the tango barrio of San Telmo and the famous Recoleta cemetery, home to the resting place of Eva Peron. In the evening, experience the tango in all its glory and sample the succulent local beef with a dinner and show.
Day 20 BUENOS AIRES (B)
Free day to discover this exciting city or go shopping.
Day 21 BUENOS AIRES (B)
Transfer to the airport for flight home.
Day 22 ARRIVING HOME
Cost per person on a twin sharing basis starting from - $10,322*
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1) Bookings must be made before early bird promo expires (31 March 2017) to be eligible for the exclusive $300 per person early bird discount for our 03/09/2017, 08/10/2017 and 04/03/2018 departures. Our booking form and deposit of $500pp are required in order to secure booking.
2) Price excludes taxes & surcharges. Air taxes are approx $1180 pp
3) Valid for sales until 31 March 2017 for 2017 departures.
Departure Dates : 12 March 2017 (Sold Out), 23 Apr 2017, 03 Sep 2017, 08 Oct 2017, 04 Mar 2018.
This tour can operate also as an independent weekly departure.
- Flights ex SYD in economy class (Prices ex MEL/BNE add $150pp)
- All internal flights based on LATAM air-pass which requires arrival into South America with LATAM. If using another carrier, price will differ.
- Accommodation at selected hotels with private facilities
- Meals as indicated (17 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 9 dinners)
- 2D/1N Andean Explorer train – full board
- One way Hiram Bingham train to Machu Picchu
- One way Vistadome train to Cuzco
- Transport by air conditioned vehicles
- Comprehensive sightseeing with English speaking local guides
- Tour escort on escorted departures (minimum 10 people booked)
- Meeting service and airport transfers
- Upgrade to Business Class (long haul) for additional $4999pp
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharges
- Tips or porterage charges